Saturday, November 16, 2013

Vegan Molasses Cookies - These are SO soft and YUMMY!


 


While on vacation the wife grabbed a bag of Uncle Eddie's Vegan Molasses Cookies man were they good. Just like everything else I find on vacation I come home and remake them trying to improve on the flavor of the store bought stuff.  After trolling around the net I found this recipe and I made it vegan. It still blows my mind how good recipes are easily made vegan with only the changing a couple of ingredients, we are on the path to veganizing the whole world.

 
Ingredients:

3/4 cup Earth Balance shortening
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 egg replacement, I used Bob Red Mill's Egg Replacer
1/2 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:

Cream together shortening and brown sugar.
Stir in egg and molasses and mix well.
Fold in dry ingredients and stir.
Cover and chill till firm (1-2 hours).
Preheat oven to 350°.
Roll dough into small balls and roll in white sugar.
Place on lightly greased cookie sheet or I use parchment paper
Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes.
Leave on sheet one minute until set.




































 Have Fun and Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment