Thursday, October 10, 2013

Raw Vegan Carrot Pulp Crackers



I am making juice everyday and now I have a awesome use for all my carrot pulp. Now there are many recipes out there for these crackers but this one is my combination of all the many different recipes that I read. I like the fact that these have no oil which makes them very good for you.


Carrot Pulp Crackers

4 cups carrot pulp 

1/2  cup flax seed (ground up)

1/2 cup chia seed

1-2 small tomatoes

1 lemon juiced 

1 tsp sea salt

1/2 cup sun flower seed (shelled and rough chopped)

1 cup water

In a blender put the tomatoes, water, lemon juice and pulse till well chopped. Add 2 cups of the carrot pulp and mix just combined then pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the rest ingredients mix till well combined, spread out evenly out on dehydrator tray lined with a Parafexx sheet, with a pizza cutter score into whatever shape you like. Now dehydrate at 110 degrees for 12 to 24 hours depending how wet your pulp was and the humidity the alignment of the planets. All I can say is that they are done when they are done. After about the 4-6 hour mark when the tops are dry then you flip the sheet of crackers removing the Paraflexx sheet. This will help dry faster.  After about 9.5 hours I break them apart to help the drying time. Once they are completely dry store in an air tight container and enjoy plain or with what ever dip you like.



water, tomatoes, lemon juice
















Have fun and Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment