Monday, October 7, 2013

Vegan Pumpkin Bread



Fall is here which gives me every reason in the world to bake things yumm. Now if your not a fan of pumpkin being baked into floury loaves of goodness well then I truly feel sorry for you and I hope that your ship comes and take back to your planet-weirdo. Pumpkin bread is very dangerous once it is cut then its gone that's why I try to keep it towards the healthy side by using applesauce instead of oil. Now baking is easy, combined all the dry together then all the wet together then mix the 2 bowls bake and done. Now since I don't want oil in my food I am surly (don't call me Shirley) not gonna use it on the outside of my food. I use parchment paper in my loaf pan instead the grease and flour trick.
Here is what you need and remember to line them up once they are in then put them away. This recipe was from the blog "hell yeah it's vegan" I only changed a couple of things to make it oil free


Pumpkin Bread

1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour

1 cup dark drown sugar

1 tsp of the following 

Baking soda

Baking powder

Nutmeg

Cinnamon 

Allspice 

Salt 

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/2 cup applesauce

1 cup of Pumpkin Puree

3 tbsp maple syrup

1/4 cup of water

1/2 cup chopped walnuts


Pre heat oven to 350. Mix all the dry ingredients except the walnuts in one bowl set aside. Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl the combined the wet to the dry. Now this is a very dense thick dough that means you did it right.  Lastly fold in the chopped walnuts, pour into your parchment paper lined loaf pan and bake for 45 min. Pull out and test the loaf run a butter knife down through the center if it comes out clean its done. If you need to bake longer then go in 5 min increments so that way you don't over bake. Let cool in pan for 15 min then pull out of the pan but leave in the parchment paper till you are ready to cut. Now I hear that this bread freezes well but I have never had any last long enough to freeze.









Have fun and Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment