Friday, May 10, 2013

All About Me





My name is Tom Corp. I am a 37 yrs old truck driver and I am on my way to become 100% Vegan. I have been married for 18 years to my high school sweetheart. We have two sons Gage & Graham who are 17 & 15. I was a HUGE meat eater my whole life and even have traveled across the US to eat at many BBQ, Hot Dog, Burger, Etc places that I have seen on the Travel Channel, Man vs. Food, Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives and other Food Network shows.

 After many years of bellyaches and constant heartburn along with waking up almost everyday with migraines,  I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. In May 2012, I went to the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack, my chest was hurting and I couldn't breathe very well. They ran some tests and said that it wasn't a heart attack, I didn't end up staying even though they wanted to admit me, I knew that I needed to do something about my weight and health. This is when I started to listen to my better half who is a Vegan who I have made fun of for years. After watching a couple of documentaries Forks Over Knives and Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, I decided to try the Vegan thing for 30 days.

After the first 2 weeks I had lost over 15 lbs and was off all heartburn and headache medicine (which I had been taking for 16 years. After week 3 I lost all cravings for nicotine, which I had either smoked or chewed since age 10. At week 4, I was convinced that this is the way I needed to go but I still was not certain that I would be able to make the life alterations that I have to make. Thankfully I had the love and support from my wife and kids as they just want to see healthy and happy. The response that I received from coworkers was less than supportive, but a few true friends were there for support as they were tired of me complaining every night of not feeling well after eating.
 
I am learning more everyday why this is the best choice for me. This blog is not here to show off my grammar skills as they are not the greatest but it is to share my experiences and journey with this lifestyle change,  I hope that you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment