Sunday, July 21, 2013

Raw Curry and Veggies over Pasta Noodles



Looking to expand my flavors a bit, I have always wanted to learn how to make a curry. After watching a couple of videos on the YouTube and reading about a dozen different recipes this what I came up with. Whether I am right or wrong I don't know but it taste great.

Curry Sauce 

1 cup raw cashews

2 cups non dairy milk (Amber makes her own almond milk)

1/2 an onion 

1 tbsp minced ginger 

2 cloves minced garlic

1.5 tbsp curry powder 

1 tbsp black pepper 

1 tsp sea salt 

Toss all ingredients in the blender and blend on low till its mix well. 

Use which ever veggies you want I used

1/2 egg plant sliced

1/2 green pepper sliced

1 stalk of celery sliced 

1/2 a zucchini sliced

1 carrot sliced 

Put your veggies in large bowl and pour the curry over the veggies and let rest in the fridge for at least an hour the longer it still the better it will get. Now you pair this up with whatever you want I decided on some rigatoni noodles, I cooked them and let them cool since everything else was raw I wanted them to be cold also.

Wash and cut all veggies.

Thats the ginger in the silver bowl.

Mix till combined

Place in a bowl

Pour curry over top.

mix well

make sure its on all the veggies.
Mine sat for 4 hours.

Cold pasta rocks.

Pasta goes first.

Then the curry and veggies.
Have fun and Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment