Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 4 of 6 BluePrint Juice-Raw Week


 Well let me tell you last night was 100% better than the night before, it was not a 14 hour only 10 but the incorporation of the fruits and veggies have made the world of difference. I woke up today and I feel better than I have all week even though I have lost 2 more pounds weighing in at 245.2 for a total loss of 12 pounds in 6 days. Juicing alone is so very extreme and should not be taken lightly for those people that think its easy can get through it well I say whippty do and good for you ( I am sticking tongue out at you). I decided a nice salad would be great for supper and sticking to the raw theme of the week. I have been making my own vinaigrette's for a while I love how you can customize them to what ever mood you in tonight we go spicy.

Chipotle Vinaigrette

1 1/2 cups oil ( I used sun flower)

1/2 cup red wine vinegar

1/3 cup agave nectar 

1 tbsp chipotle pepper powder

1tbsp italian seasoning 

1 tsp sea salt

1 tsp black pepper


Combine all the ingredients and let sit for about 5 min to marry up together. 
Now this is something that I learn by watching Chopped on the Food Network, that is to mix the lettuce with the dressing  before you serve it it coats all the lettuce and you get more flavor. I never used to do that and i think its really cool, makes it look fancy. Now this is not a low calorie dressing so go easy plus it has some heat to it. Adjust the heat with some diced up jalapenos or if it is to spicy ( then your a wimp) use less chipotle powder ( sissy). We are really enjoying the raw style of eating I am gonna try to incorporate at least 2-3 meals a week to raw cooking, this experience has really opened my eyes to the raw world and I like it. Now go enjoy it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment