Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 6 of 6 BluePrint Juice Cleanse-Raw Week


What a week full twist and turns all I can say it was an experience that I am very glad that I went through.  As for the BluePrint Company I have ZERO complaints, their customer service was very good and their juices taste great. Juicing is not for me at least not by itself, if they weren't so expensive I would probably keep some on hand cause the flavor was very good. My favorite was a tie between the spicy lemonade # 4 and the cashew milk #6. I can't stress enough to anyone wanting to do the juice cleanse to do their homework and make sure it will be right for you and your lifestyle. I enjoyed challenging myself and I have a new respect for eating raw because if differently got me through the rest of the week.
After working a long night I can't stop thinking of something great to end my raw week and it hit me some eggplant chili oh ya that's right. I came up with this last summer  when I kept getting eggplants from my mother-in-law's garden it produces a lot of great veggies.

Eggplant Chili

3 eggplant washed and chopped

1 red onion chopped

1 green pepper washed and chopped

1 tomato washed and chopped

2 cans black beans drained and rinsed

2 cans kidney beans drained and rinsed 

1 can fire roasted tomatoes 

3 tbsp chili powder 

1 tbsp garlic powder

1 tbsp paprika 

1 tbsp black pepper

1 tsp cumin 

Salt to taste











Now I always like to mix in a layer at a time, so first thing mix all your spices together except salt keep it for last. Put chopped eggplant,onion, peppers and sprinkle a quarter of the seasoning in and mix well. Then add the fire roast tomatoes and the chopped tomatoes add more spices then mix well. Finally the beans and the rest of the spices mix well taste to see if you need some salt and let it chili for about 30 min in the fridge. This will go awesome with some corn bread but I couldn't find a raw recipe for cornbread, maybe next time since I won't be on strict raw diet and I will whip some up. 
All and it has been a good week after I balanced out what I need to survive and living a raw life stlye is not for me I will just stick to vegan with a couple of raw meals  a week. Now I can't wait to do some cooking this weekend. I hope you enjoyed this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment