Saturday, June 8, 2013

Vegan Brown Velvet Cake with a Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm CAKE!!!!!!!!


What can I say about my mother in-law.............well I bet you expecting some  really colorful language but not in the case. I met her back in '93 and I have never met a more kind hearted, unselfish, giving person in my life. She is always there when I need a critter sitter or any thing else that Amber and I ever ask of her. Today is her birthday so Happy Birthday Debbie here is some awesome cake I made just for you.


Now the name sounds weird but this stems for a red velvet cake recipe but I don't like food coloring in my foods so I don't use them, so now we have brown velvet cake.

Brown Velvet Cake

2-3/4 cups all purpose flour ( use my whole wheat white flour)

2 cups vegan sugar 

1/4 cup cacao powder 

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

2 cup nondairy milk ( I used coconut)

1 cup canola oil

2 tbsp vanilla extract 

2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 

Pre heat oven to 350 and oil up 2 cake pans. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and in a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients minus the vinegar. Then make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet mixture and mix till combined well then add the vinegar mix till well combine then pour straight into the oiled cake pans. Bake for 25 to 30 always start at the least amount of time you can alway bake longer but you can't unbake something that is over baked. 
After you pull them out let them cool on the counter till you can handle the them then stick then in the fridge while you make your frosting. 












I get to lick the bowl NO ONE but ME!
 


Check with a tooth pick if it comes out dry its done if why let go 5 more min.

Let cool on the counter.




Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz of earth balance butter (2 sticks) at room temp

8 oz tofutti better than cream cheese softened

4 cups vegan powdered sugar

2 tsp vanilla extract

The tool.

Now must people say to use a hand mixer but use but I don't like the texture so use a wooden spoon I used this tool I got from sur la table it's like a rubber spatula and wooden spoon combined it rocks. Mix the butter and cream cheese together till well combined then add the sugar a little at time till all combined then add the vanilla and mix till combined.
 Now the assembling before we go any further you need to know I SUCK at frosting cakes. Start with the bottom layer put the a layer of frosting to hold the top on then frost away and have fun doing it.








 Then put some vegan sprinkles  top and presto an awesome vegan homemade cake. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment