Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausage and Spicy Slaw



 After last weeks juicing and raw week I have kinda been on a week long vegan comfort food bender, make very fulling meals and let me tell you its been a blast. This weekend I will be going to whole foods and will be able to get some good organic veggies with out having to re-mortgage the house so next week I will have to good raw food to share. 
But tonight I am feeling like a german style dinner meaning sausage, cabbage, and a baked tater I don't really know if that's how german people eat but here we go, first thing you want make the slaw cause you want to sit for a bit marry the flavors. 




Spicy Slaw

1/2 head green cabbage shredded 

1/2 head purple cabbage shredded 

2-3 carrots ( depending on size) shredded 

1/2 cup of my Chipotle Vinaigrette  

1 clove minced garlic 

1 tsp sea salt

And pepper to taste ( if a wimp then none  needed)

Are you ready for these hard instructions-mix allI ingredients and let for 15 min then eat. I hope I didn't go to fast for you please reread if need be.





Now I like to microwave my baked potato then wrap it in foil and stick it in a 400 degree oven while you make the rest of the meal. Next heat up a pan the medium to high heat with some canola oil  and grab some Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage sausage and brown your sausage then steam it by putting some water in the pan and cover it do this two to three more time keeping you sausage moving cause at this heat  it will stick very quickly then turn down the heat keep warm till supper ready.





Steam up some broccoli and you are ready to start putting your supper together and you will enjoy sitting down to this meal cause all the flavors just come together so well.


Enjoy and have fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment